How to do a Duty at the Fun and Games Toy Library
Firstly, thank you for choosing to be a roster member of the Toy Library – as a volunteer run group we would not be able to operate the library without your help.
What if you can’t do a shift?
- Swap with someone else on the roster and notify the librarian.
- Unfortunately if you miss a shift and don’t arrange a replacement you will be billed $40 ($15 for Community Services Card holders) for each shift.
- Please arrive on time at 9.00am.
- Open cupboards, pull out computer trolley, toy trolleys and put into position.
- Put a selection of the large toys on display.
- Set up a table for returned toys.
- Take out the door sign.
- Put up the safety gate (tighten the pads against the door frame to secure in place).
Throughout the morning
- Greet members and check returned toys:
- Check toys and pieces against their description and count pieces to ensure they are present. Refer any problems to the Librarian.
- Check toys are clean and dry. If not they need to be re-issued for cleaning, or the member can clean them at the library with the cleaning materials provided.
- Check toys for any signs of damage
- Tick off returned toys on the member’s computer printout. If they haven’t brought this write member name and toys(s) name and number on a slip of paper.
- Put returned toys away on their correct shelf/trolley
- During quiet periods ask the Librarian for a job to do, eg. Reconcile missing pieces, clean toys, help process new toys, replace tatty description lists, tidy shelves, read noticeboard.
- Last toys to be returned/issued at 11.20am to allow time to pack up (we only lease the rooms until midday).
- Pack away trolleys and large toys.
- Take in door sign.
- Take down safety gate.
If you have any queries about the roster contact firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks for helping and please remember your toy library is run by parents who volunteer their time and energy to make this a great place. We really appreciate your assistance.